CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


I can't believe it's here already, but isn't it the greatest holiday EVER?!! (Well, ok...so Christmas might be in the running too, but there's something about Halloween. Does that make me the devil? :)) Happy Halloween everyone! I hope it's scary, and spooky and full of trick-or-treaters (our building is locked, so don't take your little costumed cuties for granted!).

We celebrated Halloween a day early around here. Our ward trunk or treat was last night, and we made quite the cute little dog and cat combo if I do say so myself. If you can't tell from the pictures, Brian was THRILLED to be a dalmatian. Simply thrilled. :) (Thanks for being a good sport Bri...well...good-ish sport. :) I've always been a dog lover.)




We had a lot of fun passing out candy to the adorable kids in our ward. And we loved hanging out with our chums, the Jacksons. If you thought our costumes were good, check this out!



Incredible, right? Look at little Bam Bam! He's got white, baby-powdered hair and a stick!! They won a costume award, and rightfully so! They rocked the Flintstones! (Should I have said "bed-rocked" or would that have been a little over the top? :))

After the partying, Brian and I carved our pumpkins. (Yes, that's me in the fuzzy yellow chick robe and cat nose. I forgot these would be appearing to the public. But at least it's my favorite robe. :)) Isn't his...nauseating? :) So creative.



Have an amazingly Happy Halloween!! (And for those of you who get to go to Mom's spooktacular, annual shin-dig tonight, you lucky lucky things...eat some amazing food for me while you have the chance. You may not get any next year...after a one year draught, the cranberry wassail, pumpkin stew and old fashioned donuts will be MINE...all mine. Ba ha ha ha!)

PS-Thanks for letting me rip off your cute colored text idea Coo. My holiday post needed a little snazzing up :) Oh, and I'll get to your tag as soon as the craziness dies down! Promise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian and Amber...so fun to find your blog! I found you on Val Pace's i think it is now Jackson's blog. I grew up with her in TX and my husband actually ended up working with her dad at Bain...small world huh? Anyhow, congrats on the whole marriage thing...when did this happen? Would love to catch up. It looks like everything is going great for the both of you. HOpe this finds you both happy and well. YOu'll have to check out my blog to see some pics of my twins! Happy Halloween...and great pumpkin carving skills!

Olivia Jane Designs said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN (2 days ago that is haha) It looks like you two had a heck of a time! Glad you dressed up, someone talked me out of it and I'm having some big regrets in the aftermath :( Sooo painted a wall in my house this weekend... you're missing out here haha. I'll have to take pictures and post them soon. I'm getting a lot of requests for house pictures (I don't know if you know this, but I'm kind of a big deal around here). LOL. Love you Am, have a good Sunday!

V said...

Yeah Brian you were an awesome sport. I forgot to tell you...Dustinn wasn't going to dress up, then I told him, "But Brian's dressing up!," then he agreed. So, thank you.

And Amber your mom sounds like an AMAZING cook! Cranberry wassail? Pumpkin stew?
Isn't it fun how certain foods become family traditions?

Anonymous said...

I love your pumpkin Bri, the barf pumpkin....just may have to steal that idea for next year. I think it comes into a tight competition with Alisha and Matthews' Canibal pumpkin, funny. glad you had fun. love y'all
mom