CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Baltimore & The Big Apple...orchard

So, we learned a couple of things this weekend.

First, (and perhaps most importantly) don't ask Brian to pull a face like a jellyfish, or this is what happens:



Second, I must not be as cute as Brian is always saying I am (I know...I know...we're all shocked :)). If I was, this guy definitely would not have rejected me (yes, rejected by the huge, ugly, monster-like fish of the tank...over and over and over...he kept looking through the glass sticking his lips right there, but the second I'd lean in, he was history...):

Yes, it was an educational, fun and busy weekend. Friday, I met Brian at his work, and we spent the evening exploring Baltimore. It's a pretty cool city--Brian loved it. He's quite the harbor/water/boat/ocean type of guy. I really enjoyed it too, but I must admit: Old Town has ruined me. I don't think I'll ever love another city again. :) After sight seeing, we spent some time hanging out with the fishies, and birds, and frogs, and sharks (sooooo creepy), and dolphins (who performed in an awesome dolphin show) at the National Aquarium. It was really, really cool!



Saturday was a tradition day for me and Bri. I LOVE traditions--I guess I'm a sentimental kind of gal, but there's nothing quite like that nostalgic feeling that hits you when you're smack dab in the middle of a tradition. I think that's been one of the funnest parts about being in year 2 of our marriage...we've started recognizing the things that will probably be OUR traditions. (I say "probably" cuz a tradition can't be forced...that just defeats the purpose, don't ya think? They should just...happen!) Some of them have carried on from our families (i.e. pumpkin stew on Halloween), some of them were started years ago when we were dating (i.e. flicking the porch lights when one of us is driving away), and some of them are just things that we've done and loved and want to keep doing...like fall APPLE PICKING!!!

We tried a new farm this year, which turned out to be a good thing. It was closer, and right as we were finishing up and heading to the car, DOWNPOUR for the rest of the day! We got in all the picking we wanted to, and even found a couple of perfectly shaped pumpkins. :)

Yep...somehow I just think that romantic autumn walks through an orchard is something we'll be doing for quite a while.... :)


Oh, and did I mention, it's been officially fall for a week now?!!!!!! HAPPY AUTUMN EVERYONE!

5 comments:

emily said...

How perfect, you two are just perfect!!! I love your little lives... excited to invade for a few days!!!!

emily said...

Ahh, lets face it. I don't think I'm ever going to leave ;) Sorry Brian, you knew when you married Amber she came with some conditions.... I am the condition...I am the ooga booga....and I'll be sleeping on the couch!!!

Danna and Larry Johnson said...

Looks like tons o fun. We picked apples in the pouring rain, so you did well to finish before the rain! Glad you got to enjoy Baltimore, neat place. I must say there are some awefully good fishy faces between the two of you, but, Brian's has to be the most unique!
love ya!

Olivia Jane Designs said...

I was so excited to makes fun of you for saying "fishes" and was smirking to myself on the inside! Then I re-read it and realized, to my gloating dismay, that you said "fishies". The perfect grammar lives on! ;) You'll be pleased to know Halee kept her word and chastised me quite nicely today and I am now working to get something posted for you. MUAH.

THE SANDERS said...

Just another reason it would be fun to leave out East.