CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Why do I love my husband?

(Besides the fact that he's a cutie batootie of course... :))

Picture a FREEZING cold morning (it's been brutal over here on the East coast). Brian's getting ready for work, and I'm realizing that I don't have the address for one of my clients--the album I was supposed to be mailing that morning so she would get her order in time to butter up her in-laws with a great Christmas gift. (Sounds like an oversight, but I had her old un-married address, just not her NEW one). Then I realize, with a sigh of relief, she mailed me something, and her address would be on the envelope. Then I realize, with a gasp of dread, that I threw the envelope away and Brian (being the very dutiful guy he is) probably took the trash out the day before.

I believe the exact words Brian heard were, "Crap. You took the trash out yesterday didn't you?"

Him (wondering if this was some bizarre, that-time-of-the-month trap I'm sure): "Yes? Wasn't I supposed to?"

Me (laughing despite myself): "Yes...thank you. It's just that I was dumb and threw away the envelope with my bride's address on it. Now shipment will be delayed a day while I wait to hear from her. Ah well."

He finished getting ready for work, I sent him on his way, and then turned on our light and started booting up the computer to email my bride asap. A few minutes later, I hear our front door opening. "What did he forget?" There stands a FREEZING cold Brian with the missing envelope in hand, telling me "Now...turn off the light and go back to sleep! :)". I know he was cold cuz the big thank you kiss I planted on him about chipped his nose off. :)

When you find a guy who will think to root through the recycle dumpster for you in freezing temperatures, I'm going to go ahead and say you've found a keeper.

I'm telling you...it's like Christmas 24-7 around here with this guy! Love you Bri! And thanks again... the client is THRILLED! And so am I, to have you!

Oh...and in case you're interested, here's the cause of the cute-ness:

3 comments:

emily said...

Oh my hilarious!!! Good thing you didn't chip off his nose, because THAT wouldn't be an akward story to tell, at all. Especially to the in-laws this christmas.....;)He is a keeper for sure... but hey, you're not so bad yourself;) Love you!

emily said...

BTW the book looks great!!! You are amazing!

Emily said...

You guys make me smile! Thanks for sharing that sweet story! We got your card too very cute also thanks for thinking of us! Have a great Christmas.